Yeah, even though I don't do much non-IE work these days, the other browsers are at worst comparable (and many would say have far exceeded IE). If you stick to standards-compliant code, there tends to be not much difficulty writing cross-browser code these days. I think there's still enough difference in how things are rendered to make it unpleasant, but it's not nearly as difficult as it used to be.

--
Frank W. Zammetti
Founder and Chief Software Architect

Chad Maniccia wrote:
IE 4 made Netscape 4 look like a piece of crap. It was light-years
ahead.

I'm getting the impression that the other browsers have caught up but I
refuse to develop for them unless made to.

Questions:

Have the other browsers caught up with ease and power of their
scripting?
Do any of them have an XMLHTTP equivalent?
Do they share a common DOM?

I hate writing cross browser code. Supporting multiple browsers is like
having to test and write every application in Java, VB, and C.

Chad