If adding <Resouce name ......./> did not work..then try following

On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 19:46:30 -0800, Eric Wulff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi all, I'm returning to a problem I couldn't solve the first time,
> about two months ago, and still can't seem to figure out.  I can't get
> a db connection using connection pools.  I get the exception listed
> below, same as so many have previously, but nothing I've found seems
> to works.  Below are my specs.  Anyone with concrete advise/direction
> on how to get
> this working?
>
> Also, I noticed in many solutions the suggestion was made to edit the
> myapp.xml file located at CATALINA_HOME/conf/Catalina/localhost/.
> However, there is no myapp.xml in that directory on my server. Just 2
> .xml's related to other applications and a manager.xml which I'm not
> sure what it's related to.
>
> OS: FC2
> Tomcat 5.0.28
>
> exception: org.apache.commons.dbcp.SWLNestedException: Cannot create
> JDBC driver class '' for connect URL 'null'
>
> WEB-INF web xml: code inserted AFTER all servlet mappings...
the following shld be  in
<web-app>
>         <resource-ref>
<description>My Datasource</description>
>                 <res-ref-name>jdbc/wms</res-ref-name>
>                 <res-type>javax.sql.DataSource</res-type>
>                 <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
>         </resource-ref>
</web-app> <!-- I am sure u have this right-->

> server xml(tried this with and without a Resource name)...
The following shld be under
<Engine name="Standalone" defaultHost="localhost" debug="0">

REplace
 <Context path="/wms" docBase="wms" debug="0" reloadable="true">
with
<DefaultContext>
<Resource name="jdbc/wms" auth="Container" type="javax.sql.DataSource"/>
>     <ResourceParams name="jdbc/wms">
>       <parameter>
>         <name>username</name>
>         <value>whatever</value>
>       </parameter>
>       <parameter>
>         <name>password</name>
>         <value>whatever</value>
>       </parameter>
>       <parameter>
>         <name>driverClassName</name>
>         <value>com.informix.jdbc.IfxDriver</value>
>       </parameter>
>           <parameter>
>                 <name>url</name>
>
> <value>jdbc:informix-sqli://foo.bar.com:somePort/dbName:INFORMIXSERVER=serverName</value>
>         </parameter>
>     </ResourceParams>
replace
   </Context>
with
</DefaultContext>
<!--
If this works them there is something wrong with your context. we
shall figure that out later but first <DefaultContext> should work!!
restart tommy after making changes.
hope it works!!
-->

--