Ah yes I agree, but that's not quite what I was saying.  Eric, sorry if that
was misleading.

Eric has a <resource-ref> already. I meant that if you have <resource-ref>
you do not need <Resource> as well in TC, because this is what the TC docs
say, and the <Resource> tag is a TC "invention" rather than something
required by the servlet spec.

I think Yoav is saying that in fact TC allows you to be slightly loose by
omitting the <resource-ref> as long as you have the <Resource>, even though
strictly speaking you are not spec-compliant if you do this.