Hi Steve, sorry for lack of details.  In any case, problem solved.  I
am developing a webapp in the MVC style and was referring to the 'C'
of the MVC when mentioning the "controller".   I am using TC as-is
however.  There was a bug in a data source validity check upon login
making it so the data source was not getting re-established if need
be.  Then it would just hang on login.  Not sure why I was often
required to hard boot but it's not longer a problem since I corrected
the data source hook.

Eric