Hi,

ok it's fixed i made another realm with a new mbean-descriptor bases on the JNDIRealm file
from version 4.1.31 and that do the trick till an update of tomcat.
However, for those runnin 4.1.30,the main difference between file is:
< * @version $Revision: 1.19 $ $Date: 2004/08/26 21:37:21 $
---
> * @version $Revision: 1.16 $ $Date: 2003/12/12 21:31:56 $
1295c1343,1344
< String filter = roleFormat.format(new String[] { doRFC2254Encoding(dn), username });
---
> String filter = roleFormat.format(new String[] { dn, username });
> filter = doRFC2254Encoding(filter);

so, instead of doing an new realm,just modifying this file and rebuild catalina.jar should do the trick
But i guess all this is nearly historical :-)

Thank for the excellent framework

Xavier

Xavier Renard wrote:

Hi,

I'm using the Debian package of tomcat (4.1.30) with ldap auth with the following config:

myapplication.xml
------------------------------
<Context path="/myapplication" docBase="/path/2/build">
<Realm   className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JNDIRealm" debug="99"
    connectionURL="ldap://localhost:389";
    connectionName="uid=tomcatproxy,dc=example,dc=org"
    connectionPassword="tomcatpwd"
    roleName="cn"
    roleBase="ou=groups,dc=example,dc=org"
    roleSearch="(memberUid={1})"
    userBase="ou=people,dc=example,dc=org"
    userSearch="(uid={0})"
    userSubtree="true"/>
 </Context>

I have tried it with the tar.gz of tomcat-4.1.30 and tomcat-5.0.28 and it works perfectly well.
However,with the debian package, my filter (rolesearch) become (?=undefined)

sample from log
i would like to know if someone could point me in the good direction to fix this,ie
where to modify this behaviour if possible or "override" this realm by an other,...

Regards

Xavier