"Peter Crowther" wrote:
SEVERE: Remote Host /xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx SocketException: Invalid argument

Hmm.  An EINVAL from the socket layer.

Are you running UNIX or Windows?  Depending on which, I'd get hold of a
system call tracer (Unix) or TDImon (Windows), monitor until you got the
error, and then look through the logfile to see which system call was
giving you the error back.  That might give you some insight into what
your system is doing when this occurs...

I'm on a Solaris system. So I take it you mean something like truss or truss itself? I think I tried that once and gave up for some reason - I'll have to go back to my notes to see why, I could've just run out of time.

Do you know why this error might occur? I think the thing I'm really looking for
is to see if there's something I need to do on the server end, or if it's a
client problem. And I never see the error on my test server, just on the
production one that has a greater load - the error doesn't SEEM to hurt
anything, but then again catalina.out classifies it as SEVERE, so maybe there's
something to it that I'm missing!

Thanks for your help!
--
Lynn Hollerman.