Peter Crowther wrote:

From: Wolfgang Hackl [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] To be serious, I am of the opinion that the Tomcat project can benefit
from an application that helps Administrators with installation and
management of multiple Tomcat instances (which is a superset of MITI's
features).

Yes please! We have an extra requirement - we have multiple *developers* running separate Tomcat instances on the same box. We want to ensure that they can run a Tomcat instance from their own filestore, but without the ports colliding. They may not all have root access on the box.

Any thoughts as to whether MITI could help with this?

Hi Peter!

As a workaround you might add all developers to the same group or tune the chmod/chown/chgrp statements in the script. Please consider the TOMCAT_USER variable in the Tomcat5.sh script, too. Root access is not necessary as long as you can do without a start script and links in /etc/init.d. The start script gets generated to $CATALINA_BASE anyway and hopefully can be started with developers' privileges from there.

Wolfgang