Thanks lot, I will study it.

David Lee

-----Original Message-----
From: Hassan Schroeder [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, November 18, 2004 3:51 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Installing a webmail client such as squirrelmail (PHP) on
tomcat?

David Lee wrote:

> You mean phpservlet to read the php app config file or php files and
> then phpservlet to serve the php page?

When you build (configure) php with --with-java=$JAVA_HOME (I think, it
was a while ago I built this), you get a 'phpservlet.jar' created.
Put that in $CATALINA_HOME/common/lib, add something like this to your
catalina.sh startup script:

   LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/local/php/lib/php/libphp4.so"

:: and you're set. Oh, yeah, need to add mappings to your web.xml.

> Your calendar app were written using PHP?

It's "phpicalendar" (I'm not the author). As I said, php does seem to
work fine, but I have had it crash. The machine I was using to test with
was woefully underpowered and under-memoried, though. I'll have to try
it on something more robust and see what happens.

HTH!
--
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                           dream.  code.