On Friday 19 November 2004 18:04, sven morales wrote:

Hi Everybody,

>   You may want to check if your SuSe 9.x has ipv6
> enabled.  It slows down connectivity because it also
> attempts to look up ipv6 addresses and that could
> possibly be causing your timeout.  Try to disable ipv6
> and see how it performs.

In case any of you are interested, this error was caused by having the wrong
version (or too many versions) of the PostgresQL JDBC driver installed in the
common/lib and server/lib directory.

I fixed this and it is working beautifully on my SUN Fire v40z. :)

Regards

Quinton Delpeche
Internal Systems Developer
Softline VIP

Telephone: +27 12 420 7000
Direct:    +27 12 420 7007
Facsimile: +27 12 420 7344

http://www.vippayroll.co.za/

"What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the will to find out,
which is the exact opposite."
                -- Bertrand Russell, "Skeptical_Essays", 1928