Can you also post all your struts-config.xml <action
 ..> ? I was looking for something that may be
<forward>ing it to login.jsp.  This line you have in
your form,  <form
action="/context_name/loginResponse.do"  points to
context_name/loginResponse.do  so show this <action>
line of your struts-config.xml

--- Stefan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am actually using a form to post to the target
> servlet:
>
> <form action="/context_name/loginResponse.do"
> method="post">
>
> name: <input type="text" name="adminPassword">
>
> <input type="submit">
>
> </form>
>
> The form itself is sitting in a page with this URL:
>
> http://127.0.0.1/myWebsite/logIn.jsp
>
> And the strange thing is that when I submit the form
> I am taken to this URL:
>
> http://127.0.0.1/login.jsp
>
> And I get this error:
>
> HTTP Status 404 - /login.jsp

> ----
>
> type Status report
>
> message /login.jsp
>
> description The requested resource (/login.jsp) is
> not available.

> ----
>
> Apache Tomcat/5.0.28
> Any ideas? Is this a bug in Tomcat ? This works fine
> (naturally) in Resin.
>

> Stefan
>
> www.killersites.com

<servlet-class>com._ABC.authenticateAdmin</servlet-class>
> > > <init-param>
> > > <param-name>adminPassword</param-name>
> > > <param-value>xxx</param-value>
> > > </init-param> </servlet> <servlet-mapping>
> > > <servlet-name>loginResponse</servlet-name>
> > > <url-pattern>/loginResponse.do</url-pattern>
> > > </servlet-mapping>

> > > --
> > >

> > > It's my first time using Tomcat, been a Resin
> user
> > > for years ... any ideas?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Stef

<servlet-class>org.apache.catalina.servlets.CGIServlet</servlet-class>

=== message truncated ===