On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 10:31:07 -0500, Shapira, Yoav <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> >I think the
> >problem with developers is lack of concrete documentation on this area.
>
> As always, your (and anyone else's) help is welcome.  Feel free to
> submit documentation and code patches to your heart's content.  Or
> alternatively, feel free to pay people to write documentation for you ;)
>
> We do make an effort, but during an early phase of a major release
> branch like 5.5, it is anticipated that the code moves and matures
> faster than the docs.  Now that 5.5.4 is stable, more attention has
> already been paid to the docs.

The connector creation issue was a bug in 5.5.4 (fixed in CVS).

> >I am afraid of the amount of testing and
> >the number of people is using the embedded is low.
>
> Maybe you've heard of this one thing using Embedded Tomcat, it's called
> JBoss ;)  You're far from alone.

Well, actually, it's JMX for embedding in JBoss, so we don't use
Embedded. Sun doesn't use Embedded anymore either, as far as I know.

The only reason why I am confident supporting it is because of
Costin's refactoring some time ago, where the main Catalina class is
an extension of Embedded. So the code is actually used and (more or
less) tested that way ;)

--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Rémy Maucherat