Hi folks,

I'm hoping someone on the list can point me in the right direction
on a problem I'm having with applet to servlet communication.
Specifically, I'm getting:

java.security.AccessControlException:
access denied (java.lang.RuntimePermission modifyThreadGroup)

when I send an event to the applet that should start the applet to
servlet communications.

Another developer has given me several classes, developed in JBuilder,
that I'm now trying to install into Tomcat.  I've created entries in
the appropriate conf files for a new web application, and set
crossContext="true" so that I can get servlet contexts.  I've set
tomcat.policy to grant all permissions for the appropriate webapp
directory.  I've also changed the java.policy file in the JRE security
directory to grant all permissions to the absolute URL that the webapp
is at.

I'm pretty much at the end of my rope.  Can anyone out there give me
a hand?

Mike Caprio
Software Engineer                       Microwave Radio Corporation
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                101 Billerica Avenue, Building 6
978-671-5770                            North Billerica, MA  01862-1256