Also trim down your server.xml (over a number of days if necessary) to only
what is necessary.

If you only have to expose one webapp then only have one connector in that
service, and one engine which has the only host inside it as the default and
that has the only context inside it as your application.

Then put liveDeploy="false" and autoDeploy="false" in the <Host>

Then you can go into %tomcat_home%/conf/web.xml and set "listings" parameter
to "false" so that nobody can see directory  listings no matter what you do.

As for monitoring I would suggest putting an Apache web server in front of
your Tomcat server but if it's only for a short time this may be too much
hassle. What you can do instead is to add an Access log valve to your
<Engine> and monitor the contents of the access logs every day to see that
there are no hack attempts coming in through port 80.

Also you might download a free portscanner from the web to see what ports
are open on your machine. Once you have found the open ports use Windows to
close down the programs that are listening on them.

Best of luck.

Andoni.