Hi,

>Under our current system, each template is
>given its own queue and incoming requests are handed off to the
>appropriate queue, from which dedicated threads pull off the request
>and execute the transaction.

Note that the Servlet Specification mandates that an entire request be
processed by one thread in the container.  So what you're doing is not
strictly compliant with the Spec.

>Judging from a quick overview of the Coyote/Catalina source, it looks
>like that is not possible under Tomcat, since a single thread manages
>the transaction from end to end and that thread comes from a single
>pool.

Yeah, for the reason I mentioned above.

>1.  Are we wrong and there is actually a way to configure this
>behavior in Tomcat?

No, can't be configured in Tomat.

>2.  If not, is there any interest in us developing a solution and
>having it integrated into the Catalina base?

Not only is there no interest, but there's a strong objection.

As Tim said, if you want to do such logic, add it yourself with a Filter
or similar mechanism.

Yoav Shapira http://www.yoavshapira.com

and/or privileged.  This e-mail is intended only for the individual(s) to whom
it is addressed, and may not be saved, copied, printed, disclosed or used by
anyone else.  If you are not the(an) intended recipient, please immediately