Hi,
Well, let's try an even simpler scenario: test it without a
SecurityManager.

What Tomcat 5 version?

Yoav Shapira http://www.yoavshapira.com

Catalina.policy
>file
>for each individual application running on the server:
><CATALINA_POLICY>
>grant codeBase "file:${catalina.home}/webapps/ROOT/-" {
>     permission java.net.SocketPermission "172.20.5.15:5432",
"connect";
>     permission java.net.SocketPermission "smtp.vippayroll.co.za:25,
>"connect";
>};
>
>grant codeBase "file:${catalina.home}/webapps/consulting/-" {
>     permission java.net.SocketPermission "mail.server.name:25,
>"connect,resolve";
>};
>
>grant codeBase "file:${catalina.home}/webapps/debtors/-" {
>     permission java.net.SocketPermission "mail.server.name:25,
>"connect,resolve";
>};
>
>grant codeBase "file:${catalina.home}/webapps/placements/-" {
>     permission java.net.SocketPermission "mail.server.name:25,
>"connect,resolve";
>};
>
>grant codeBase "file:${catalina.home}/webapps/sales/-" {
>      permission java.net.SocketPermission "mail.server.name:25,
>"connect,resolve";
>};
>
>grant codeBase "file:${catalina.home}/webapps/training/-" {
>     permission java.net.SocketPermission "mail.server.name:25,
>"connect,resolve";
>};
></CATALINA_POLICY>
>
>Am I missing something?
>Is there something that has majorly changed between Tomcat 4 and Tomcat
5?

>Please help. :)

>--
>Quinton Delpeche
>Internal Systems Developer
>Softline VIP
>
>Telephone: +27 12 420 7000
>Direct:    +27 12 420 7007
>Facsimile: +27 12 420 7344
>
>http://www.vippayroll.co.za/
>
>Power, n:
>       The only narcotic regulated by the SEC instead of the FDA.

and/or privileged.  This e-mail is intended only for the individual(s) to whom
it is addressed, and may not be saved, copied, printed, disclosed or used by
anyone else.  If you are not the(an) intended recipient, please immediately