This note here says:

IMPORTANT NOTE: The JK connector is now deprecated. Use the Coyote JK 2
connector instead.

(http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/config/jk.html)

So now the question what is supported? (or better still, which
documentation should I be reading for current correct configurations)?

What's the correct connector and what url has the correct doc for it??

--
Thomas Robinson - IT Director Constant Stream

   Integration, Support, Development and Training
   Linux, Oracle, Windows, Networking

   (Daedalus Compass Pty Ltd)            Cell: +44 (0)7879 428 968
   132 Clifden Court, Clifden Road       Work: +44 (0)20 8891 6262
   Twickenham, Middlesex, TW1 4LR        Fax:  +44 (0)20 8891 6363
   United Kingdom

   CONFIDENTIALITY: Copyright (C). This message with any appended or
   attached material is intended for addressees only and may not be
   copied or forwarded to or used by other parties without permission.