On Tue, Nov 30, 2004 at 10:39:19PM -0500, Ryan Daly wrote:
: How do you handle the server.xml and the other configuration?  Do you
: start Tomcat with an option to read a different config file, or do you
: have separate installations of Tomcat for each and every webapp?

If you search the archives for CATALINA_BASE and my name, you should
find a few messages in which I post an example setup based on my
environment.

The short version: Each Tomcat instance is a private dir with its own
server.xml, (global) web.xml, webapps directory, etc.  The per-instance
start script sets the environment variable CATALINA_HOME to point back
to the main Tomcat install (which sets the location of common/lib,
server/lib, etc).

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net