Hi,

I can't test this because shutdown is only a command on Windows XP it seems ...
that's what you're running right?

I did however try ipconfig and that works ..

<%
        try {
                Runtime runtime = Runtime.getRuntime();
                Process proc = runtime.exec("cmd.exe /C ipconfig");
                int exitVal = proc.waitFor();

                BufferedInputStream bis = new
BufferedInputStream(proc.getInputStream());
                byte[] streamBuffer = new byte[4096];
                int byteRead = -1;
                while ((byteRead = bis.read(streamBuffer)) > - 1) {
                        out.print(new String(streamBuffer, 0, byteRead));
                }
        } catch (Exception e) {
                System.out.println(e.getMessage());
        }
%>

I can have a look when I get home tonight on my XP machine if you have not
sorted it by then.

Cheers, Allistair.

"file:${catalina.home}/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/classes/-" {
   permission java.security.AllPermission "*";
};

I CAN successfully set the the system time and date using the same approach
though.

I have absolutely no idea on this now.

Thanks,
Andy