i don't know sorry. i can however tell you that i just pasted your simplified
code into one of my JSPs and it works (i.e foo is 1 ..). you've installed
standard.jar and jstl.jar as your forEach is now working. it's probably very
obvious but I cannot spot it. you have not got any EL disabling I assume like
isELIgnored

sorry pal!

QAS Ltd.
Developers of QuickAddress Software