>From the servlet API:

"Invalidates this session then unbinds any objects bound to it."

If a browser's TomcatA session is invalidated and they return to
TomcatA, TomcatA will issue a new session ID to the browser. The session
ID represented in the cookie would no longer correspond to a know
session in TomcatA, and it would create a new session with a new session
ID.

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 12/2/2004 4:55:33 PM >>>

Hello Peter Mengell,

      can you please clarify what you mean by session.invalidate

      alex korneyev
Thursday, December 2, 2004, 9:13:44 AM, you wrote:

> Hi,

> Are you invalidating the session from TomcatA before you redirect to
TomcatB?,
> even a redirect should be able to clear the session cookie if you've
> invalidated the session.

> We do much the same thing sometimes and don't have this problem, the
> session.invalidate seems to be the only thing we seem to be doing
> differently.

> Pete

> On Thursday 02 December 2004 15:05, Alex Korneyev wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>>       i have sent this one before, but i am hoping someone else has
>>       had this particular problem.
>>       __
>>

>>  i am hoping someone has seen the following behavior.
>>

>>  TomcatA sends a redirect to TomcatB
>>
>>  on the backend, I can see that TomcatB receives a JSESSIONID that
was
>>  originally assigned to it by TomcatA;
>>
>>  i.e. cookie = JSESSIONID=6EF95FA9AA98E608C555E28875F57054;
>>

>>  I rewrite reset the jsession id ( see the code bellow ), but
>>

>>  on the next request i see this:
>>
>>  cookie = JSESSIONID=6EF95FA9AA98E608C555E28875F57054;
>> JSESSIONID=2251830F6F64DEFC974C19C79F1EABAB
>>
>>  for some reason using Mozilla works, but I.E. is the one that
passes
>>  2 JSESSIONID variables. Thoughts?
>>
>>         if (cookies != null && cookies.length > 0)
>>                 {
>>                         int len = cookies.length;
>>                         for (int i = 0; i < len; i++)
>>                         {
>>                                 if
>> (cookies[i].getName().equalsIgnoreCase("jsessionid")) {
>>                                         cookies[i].setMaxAge(-1);
>>                                         cookies[i].setPath("/");
>>                                         _LOGGER.debug("COOKIE VALUE
" +
>> cookies[i].getValue() ); _LOGGER.debug("session id:  " +
>> request.getSession().getId() ); _LOGGER.debug(" comp" + (
>> request.getSession().getId().equals(cookies[i].getValue())));
>>                                         if (
>> request.getSession().getId().equals(cookies[i].getValue())) {

_LOGGER.debug("equal");

>> response.addCookie(cookies[i]); }
>>                                         else
>>                                         {
>>                                                 _LOGGER.debug("not
equal");
>>                                                 Cookie sessionCookie
= new
>> Cookie("JSESSIONID", request.getSession().getId());
>>
>> response.addCookie(sessionCookie); }
>>                                         foundCookie = true;
>>                                         _LOGGER.debug("updated
session
>> cookie");
>>
>>                                 }
>>                         }
>>                 }

Best regards,
Alex                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]