From: Shapira, Yoav [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: martes, 07 de diciembre de 2004 19:40
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Documentation

Hi,

>Where can I find documentation about Tomcat looger, and debug &
verbosity
>params?
>

>I change the debug and verbosity values, and the log is always the
same.

Different Tomcat versions have different ways to configure logging.
Make sure you're looking at the documentation for your Tomcat version.

The verbosity attribute is mostly for Tomcat 3.x.

The debug attribute, if allowed (the docs will list it if it's allowed),
goes from 0 (the default, no logging) to 99 (the highest, max logging).
But it's mostly used in Tomcat 4.x, and less in 5.x.

The more recent versions of Tomcat use Commons-Logging increasingly.  To
configure their logging, you need to pick an implementation (e.g. log4j
or JDK 1.4 logging) and configure Tomcat to use that logging
implementation with your chosen logging levels.  This is explained in
the FAQ and documentation (the latter only for Tomcat 5.5).

For Tomcat 5.5, there's no Logger, and no debug attributes, at all.
It's all Commons-Logging.

Yoav Shapira http://www.yoavshapira.com

sender.  Thank you.