Thanks

Software Installed
--------------------------
jakarta-tomcat-5.5.2
Windows 98SE
IE6.0SP1
----------------------------
But I have checked using netstat and no such port is
in use

Besides this This Exception is not thrown in startup
I mean this Exception is thrown When the Tomcat Server
is properly Ready with Server Startup Message and then
When I try to access the site It throws this Exception

There are total 3 Exceptions coming up and somehow
Some Exception is not able to release the port and
therefore such a Problem.Just a Guess

Thanks in advance

CSJakharia

--- Arnab Chakravarty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Hey,
>
> Your previous instance of tomcat did not shutdown as
> the error clearly says:
>
> java.net.BindException: Address already in use:
> JVM_Bind:8080
>
> You can check that using netstat command whether the
> port is already used by any instance of tomcat
> before starting a new instance.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Arnab

ServerSocket[addr=/203.192.197.197,port=0,localport=8080]
> ignored exception: java.net.SocketException: socket
> closed
>
> I have Internet Connection
>
> Initially I start the server and there are no
> Exception Afterwards I try to surf the Site By
> typing
> http://203.197.197.197:8080/ and The Server throws
> the
> following Exception
>
> There are no other servers running
>

> Dec 9, 2004 11:37:44 AM
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint
> acceptSocket¤
> SEVERE: Endpoint

ServerSocket[addr=/203.192.197.197,port=0,localport=8080]
> ignored exception: java.net.SocketException: socket
> closed
> java.net.SocketException: socket closed
>         at
> java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketAccept(Native Method)
>         at

java.net.PlainSocketImpl.accept(PlainSocketImpl.java:384)
>         at

java.net.ServerSocket.implAccept(ServerSocket.java:450)
>         at
> java.net.ServerSocket.accept(ServerSocket.java:421)
>         at

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.DefaultServerSocketFactory.acceptSocket(DefaultServerSocketFactory.java:60)
>         at

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.acceptSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:368)
>         at

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:548)
>         at

> Dec 9, 2004 11:37:45 AM
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint
> acceptSocket
> WARNING: Reinitializing ServerSocket
> Dec 9, 2004 11:37:45 AM
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint
> acceptSocket
> SEVERE: Endpoint null ignored exception:
> java.net.BindException: Address already in use:
> JVM_Bind:8080
> java.net.BindException: Address already in use:
> JVM_Bind:8080
>         at

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.initEndpoint(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:264)
>         at

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.acceptSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:429)
>         at

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:548)
>         at

> Dec 9, 2004 11:37:45 AM
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint
> acceptSocket
> WARNING: Restarting endpoint
> Dec 9, 2004 11:37:45 AM
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint
> acceptSocket
> SEVERE: Endpoint null shutdown due to exception:
> java.net.BindException: Address already in use:
> JVM_Bind:8080
> java.net.BindException: Address already in use:
> JVM_Bind:8080
>         at

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.initEndpoint(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:264)
>         at

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.acceptSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:441)
>         at

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:548)
>         at

> Dec 9, 2004 11:37:45 AM

org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable

=====