My tomcat process runs out of memory (unless rebooted) approximately
every three days.

Vital Statistics:
-Our consultant-designed website consists of approximately 5000 JSP
pages.  None of these pages pull from a backend, the java was merely
used to provide a persistent border.
-Max heap size is set to 1850 megs, (which from what I understand is the
max on a 32-bit system).
-The server has 4 gigs of total RAM.
-JDK 1.4
-Tomcat 5.0.18
-Redhat 7.3

I've done some searches on Google and in the archives and I can't seem
to find any way to turn up the frequency of the garbage collection.
Everything seems to indicate that once a JSP is loaded into memory it
stays there.

Is there some way to increase the max heap size?
Or some way to increase the frequency of garbage collection?
Or any other way to slow down the memory usage?

Ross Richey
Webmaster, www.aruplab.com
The information transmitted by this e-mail and any included
attachments are from ARUP Laboratories and are intended only for the
recipient. The information contained in this message is confidential
and may constitute inside or non-public information under
international, federal, or state securities laws, or protected health
information and is intended only for the use of the recipient.
Unauthorized forwarding, printing, copying, distributing, or use of
such information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you
are not the intended recipient, please promptly delete this e-mail
and notify the sender of the delivery error or you may call ARUP
Laboratories Compliance Hot Line in Salt Lake City, Utah USA at (+1
(800) 522-2787 ext. 2100