To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, December 10, 2004 10:20 AM
Subject: Chirag: Can Tomcat Server be surfed from the Machine where the Server it is running

Software Installed
--------------------------
jakarta-tomcat-5.5.2
Windows 98SE
IE6.0SP1

Requirement
-------------------
I have a Tomcat Server
It is running properly.
I mean if it is surfed from the machine where the
Server is running

If I access this website from other machine in the
Internet then there is no problem

But if I try to access the Server from the machine
where the Server is installed then it throws the
following Exception

Dec 9, 2004 11:37:44 AM
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint
acceptSocket¤
SEVERE: Endpoint
ServerSocket[addr=/203.192.197.197,port=0,localport=8080]
ignored exception: java.net.SocketException: socket
closed
java.net.SocketException: socket closed
       at
java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketAccept(Native Method)
       at
java.net.PlainSocketImpl.accept(PlainSocketImpl.java:384)
       at
java.net.ServerSocket.implAccept(ServerSocket.java:450)
       at
java.net.ServerSocket.accept(ServerSocket.java:421)
       at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.DefaultServerSocketFactory.acceptSocket(DefaultServerSocketFactory.java:60)
       at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.acceptSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:368)
       at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:548)
       at
       at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
Dec 9, 2004 11:37:45 AM
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint
acceptSocket
WARNING: Reinitializing ServerSocket
Dec 9, 2004 11:37:45 AM
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint
acceptSocket
SEVERE: Endpoint null ignored exception:
java.net.BindException: Address already in use:
JVM_Bind:8080
java.net.BindException: Address already in use:
JVM_Bind:8080
       at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.initEndpoint(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:264)
       at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.acceptSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:429)
       at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:548)
       at
       at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
Dec 9, 2004 11:37:45 AM
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint
acceptSocket
WARNING: Restarting endpoint
Dec 9, 2004 11:37:45 AM
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint
acceptSocket
SEVERE: Endpoint null shutdown due to exception:
java.net.BindException: Address already in use:
JVM_Bind:8080
java.net.BindException: Address already in use:
JVM_Bind:8080
       at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.initEndpoint(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:264)
       at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.acceptSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:441)
       at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:548)
       at
       at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
Dec 9, 2004 11:37:45 AM
org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable
run
SEVERE: Caught exception (java.lang.ThreadDeath)
executing
[EMAIL PROTECTED],
terminating thread

Is it a rule that it cannot be surfed from the machine
where the server is installed.If not then what is the
Exception

Thanks in advance

CSJakharia

=====