Funny where is the ROOT context???? the only context available
is the one that I defined.

I know that if I re-enable the  "Coyote HTTP/1.1" Connector  and
disable the " Coyote/JK2 AJP 1.3 Connector" then the ROOT context
implicitly works otherwise it doesn't whe I try to bring it up in my URL
(http://mydomain.com).

Trying to make all the default tomcat applications work with Apache/Tomcat configuration,
is harder then configuring tomcat and apapche together with mod_jk2!!!

This so Funny I can't believe this is happening to me.

Laconia Data Systems wrote:

Dwayne-

ROOT war files
.war files with the name ROOT.war are given special treatment during
deployment, when Tomcat detects and deploys the ROOT.war file instead of
creating a web application mapped to (/warname).war it maps it to the root
url (http://yourdomain.com/). However, because the root context is
preconfigured within the server.xml above deploying a ROOT.war file will
have no affect because a root context already exists. To deploy ROOT.war
files, stop Tomcat, remove the root <context> and restart Tomcat.

Martin Gainty

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dwayne Ghant" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>