On Tue, Dec 14, 2004 at 08:52:17AM -0500, Shapira, Yoav wrote:
> > Thanks Joav and for the other people stumbling on the same rock
>
> You're welcome -- and it's Yoav with a Y ;)
>
> > and by the way why don't they use a search box at
> >http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/faq/  ?
>
> Because we'll all Googleheads who routinely do inurl: searches.  The
> search box is a decent idea, thanks for bringing it up.

     It's fairly straightforward (and I've seen it in use several
other sites) to just put a form in the page that submits to google
with an inurl: parameter.  Probably the quickest & easiest way to add
search to the page.  Ah... a little poking around shows it's
documented at:

     See http://news.google.com/searchcode.html

     However, they don't explain how to do an inurl: search.  A little
experimenting shows you can submit both a q and as_q parameter, and
put the inurl: in a q input.

     I just whipped up a quick example, it's at

http://darksleep.com/notablog/google.html

--
Steven J. Owens
[EMAIL PROTECTED]