I know that in apache, and I suspect that it is a general rule, an SSL (HTTPS) connection requires a unique IP address. In other words, virtual hosts do not work with SSL.

Daniel
----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Kennedy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, December 17, 2004 3:04 PM
Subject: Virtual Hosts and SSL

Hello,

I can't find anything specific to my question in the FAQs but I'm trying
to set up a tomcat server with virtual hosts using https. I have two ips,
each with its own SSL cert as I understand is necessary for https.

What I want is to have each ip use port 443 with its own document tree
(virtual host) but I cannot seem to get this to work. When I set up an
additional ip to use port 443 I get an error 400 (bad request).

Thanks,

Mike

--
Mike Kennedy