On Mon, Dec 20, 2004 at 06:10:59PM +0700, Peter Lauri wrote:
: I am developing a web application that will in the end consist of three
: subdomains:
:
: wap.mydomain.com
: www.mydomain.com
: client.mydomain.com
:
: How do I create the general folder structure for this? They will all have
: separate servlets, but their general classes will be common.

By "folder structure," do you mean your development area or deployment
area?

For deployment: three separate WAR files, one for each logical webapp
(subdomain).

For development: whatever you do here, resist the temptation to put the
common code in shared/lib or common/lib.  Put that code under each
webapp's WEB-ING/lib to make them as self-contained and portable as
possible.

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net