> Hi, I am developing a new application using jsp+bean with tomcat 5.
>
> I don't have problems whit forms, but I don't know if bean is a good
> architecture for reports...(using the bean to access the database)...or
> maybe is better use only jsp for report purposes....?
>
> If you have any code sample, I appreciate it

This is not really Tomcat specific so I'm marking it [OT].

There are different schools of thought regarding the architecture of
J2EE apps.  Keeping everything in the JSPs (Model 1) is fine for small
projects, prototypes, or projects where you are the only developer.

For larger projects, especially ones where you may want a web designer,
to change the look and feel of your JSPs, there are clear benefits to
moving all non-view code into servlets and beans (Model 2).

A Google search on MVC (Model View Controller) will yield all kinds of
information on the subject.  The Struts site http://struts.apache.org
has a lot of good text on the subject.

There are some sample apps on http://simple.souther.us.  SimpleBean and
SimpleMVC both have code that demonstrates the use of beans from within
JSPs.

-Ben