I am working on migrating approx 10 applications from Tomcat 4.0.6 on
Solaris to Tomcat 4.0.6 on AIX. I am running into an issue related to
having Java Security turned on. On the Solaris catalina.policy, I was
getting the following security exception:

Security Violation, attempt to use Restricted Class:
org.apache.catalina.util.ParameterMap
(java.lang.RuntimePermission
accessClassInPackage.org.apache.catalina.util)

I tracked down the class to a jar in the $CATALINA_HOME/server directory,
so I added the following perm to the catalina.policy:

grant codeBase "file:${catalina.home}/server/-" {
        permission java.lang.RuntimePermission
"accessClassInPackage.org.apache.catalina.util.ParameterMap";
};

That fixed the problem. On Solaris. When I move the same config to AIX, I
keep getting the exception thrown above, yet I cannot get the grant
staement above to get rid of it on AIX.

Any ideas here? Is this a bug of some sort?

Ben Ricker