Hi,

I'm trying to figure out why Tomcat won't find my JDBC driver.  When it
runs, it gives me an exception:

sys-package-mgr*: processing new jar,
'/home/mddevel/MD8/packages/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/webapps/servlets/WEB-INF/lib/md8.jar'
*sys-package-mgr*: processing new jar,
'/home/mddevel/MD8/packages/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/webapps/servlets/WEB-INF/lib/jython.jar'
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
        at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Compiled Code)
        at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Compiled Code)
        at java.lang.Exception.<init>(Compiled Code)
        at java.lang.ClassNotFoundException.<init>(Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.loadClass(Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.loadClass(Compiled Cod

Now I know for a fact that my jdbc driver is in my WEB-INF/lib
directory, so why can't it find it?

Well, I typed the above message up and about ready to hit send when it
occurred to me what might be the problem.

The name of the compressed file for oracle is classes12.zip.  I changed
the name to classes12.jar and everything works fine now.  I figured I
would report this as a bug and so maybe this could be fixed in future
versions.  Plus, I have seen other questions on the news group relating
to this.

Chris

\_| Christopher D. Gokey, SSAI, NASA/GCMD          |
  | 18 Martin Road, Shelburne Falls, MA  01370     |
  | Phone: Voice (413) 625-8129 / FAX 208-248-9055 |
  | [EMAIL PROTECTED] / http://gcmd.nasa.gov    |
  | ICQ #52132386, AOL IM: chrisgokey              |