Dennis Lundberg wrote:

Yes. JkMount /examples3/* yourworker Then: JkUnMount /examples3/*.jpg yourworker ... JkUnMount /examples3/*.xxx yourworker

But that's not the very wise solution.
You obviously wish to Apache serve your static content (e.g. images),
while Tomcat serving the dynamic content.

So, organize your applications like that, moving static content to
a virtual space accesible only by Apache.
For example:
Make /images Alias for apache in some directory outside
Tomcat ROOT.

Mladen.

The thing is that we don't want to organize our content depending on whether it will be served by Apache httpd or Tomcat. That is something that our webeditors should not need to know about. That is also the reason for having a shared DocumentRoot/Root-context.

Fine, but what will happen if your Tomcat server is on the remote physical box or multiple boxes if using load balancer? You should start thinking in that direction. Tomcat in fact is a completely different system for which you use mod_jk for proxying requests, so the easiest is to imagine that the Tomcat is on the remote box.

Once again .jsp is not .php so you should change the way you
think how the .jsp file is accessed.

On another note, I've stumbled upon a few errors in the connectors documentation after doing some serious reading to understand all this. How to I go about contributing patches? Should I open an issue in buzilla for the product "Tomcat5" and add patches to that?

[1]http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk/native/apache-2.0/mod_jk.c?rev=1.78&view=markup

Sure. The patches are more then welcome :).

Mladen.