Hello,

Just a brief epilog.

Yes, Mladen, that's exactly what I had to do, in the end. I was trying to stay within the client's framework of crumbling, elderly programs and not take apps forward (in version), but in the end it proved impossible. It took four hours to compile the elderly Apache with mod_jk (I had to work through error after error) and when it was finally done the compiled httpd daemon gave seg faults. So, I downloaded 2.0.52 and it's all up to date now. Thanks, again.

Yes, seems like Apache 2.0.46 reports two APR_INCLUDEDIRs,
instead just one on RHES3.
Did you tried the later Apache versions like 2.0.50+?

Mladen.