The README files in the lib, lib/common and lib/shared directories are
ambiguous.  They certainly give the impression that lib still has the
same function as lib/common, there is no lib/container directory, and
lib/README is downright confusing.  A bit of m2 seems to have crept into
the descriptions.  Does it mean to say:

Tomcat uses a hierarchy of class loaders:

                   /lib
         JARSs (and classes ?) visible ????
         loaded by ???

/container              /common                 /apps
                                               (is this /apps or
                                                /shared?)
JARs (and classes?)     JARs (and classes?)     JARs (etc)
visible only to         visible to both the     visible only to
tomcat (the             container (tomcat) &    webapps
container)              webapps

Can someone who knows fill in the blanks and put the modified version in
lib/README?

A side question:  Is it generally desirable to include lines like

# The following line prohibits users from directly accessing META-INF
#
<Location "/admin/META-INF/">
    AllowOverride None
    deny from all
</Location>

in the description of contexts in mod_jk.conf?

Peter

--
Peter B. West  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://powerup.com.au/~pbwest
"Lord, to whom shall we go?"