Parsons Technical Services wrote:
Why is MS Web Folders doing this strange OPTIONS thing with "/" and ignoring my 401 Unauthorized HTTP response?

Did you close all IE windows prior to this last step? If not, then it never destroyed the session.

I have now---same result. (Why would I care if it had destroyed the session or not?)

As for the other, Google has several sites that simply say replace IE.

Good answer. I came up with that one a long time ago. But the problem goes beyond IE---Web Folders is the root problem, here. I know, replace the OS. While we're at it, I'd like to redesign HTTP... (Folding LWS? What were they thinking?) And WebDAV. (Did no one realize that "DAV:" is not a valid URI and therefore not a valid XML namespace? What were they thinking?) ;)

But past that there is one issue on M$ that has to do with the message you are getting from IE but doesn't match you setup. Might give you some ideas.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290227

No luck.

On IE5 there was an error file (WecErr.txt file in your TEMP folder ). You might find one on IE6.

It doesn't seem to be there.

Thanks,

Garret