I'm migrating a suite of applications from 5.0.x to 5.5.x.  The path
attribute no longer has any effect on the web applications context path.  I
understand from the documentation that this is by design, but I think it may
have been a mistake.  Since we deploy a suite of applications to Tomcat our
contexts usually take the form /suitename/appname.  As far as I can see
there is no way to accomplish this without nesting the context entries
directly within server.xml (a practice which the documentation discourages
and I dread going back to).  Can we make the path attribute work again or is
there some secret file nameing scheme I can use for the context fragment?

Thanks in advance for your time.