I run FC3, FC2, RH9 and soon will have Debain install going, I would be happy to help or whatever.

From: "Sessoms, Mack" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Tomcat Users List <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Subject: Re: more benchmark results
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 09:28:52 -0500

i've got 5.5.4 w/jvm 1.5.0-b64 on fc3 (2.6.9-1.667,i386). unfortunately, the hardware is a desktop unit 760 MB ram, ide drive, 2.6 P4 (512 cache). let me know if i should give it a try.

Peter Lin wrote:

any tomcat user out there have Redhat FC3 installed and want to help
run some tests?  I will post the jmeter test plans this weekend.

it would make remy really happy :)

peter

And no FC 3 ? ;) I think it would run fine on your computer, and it's
a higher quality distribution overall (it doesn't have the stupid NPTL
backport that FC 1 has). Or you could try Ubuntu (I plan to switch to
that distro when they release hoary).

Anyway, I'd be interested if you tried stressing a little the thread
pool I added in 5.5 (strategy="ms" threadPriority="7" on the Connector
element) to see if it gives a difference in the error rate (and also
if it's not completely broken). You may want to increase maxThreads as
well for your tests (it's 150 by default, which is dangerously close
of the concurrency used by your client)

--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Rémy Maucherat