Doug wrote:
I notice you are using 1.4.2 Does the compat install mean you set it up to use 1.4 in place of the 1.5 per RUNNING.txt?

I didn't do any setting up, other than to install the compatibility patch as directed. It is my understanding that this acts as a bridge between the "new" V5.5 tomcat architecture, and the old 1.4 JDK. From the success of the trial servlets, the installation seems to be working, and I just suspect that I have failed to configure something properly.

Thanks for responding.

(BTW, I didn't actually receive your response via email, but discovered it in an archive. I'm getting notification of other postings to the list, but not this one. Weird.