If a ServletException is thrown from a Filter, is there a way to show a
"nice" error page?

I have put this in web.xml:

   <error-page>
      <exception-type>javax.servlet.ServletException</exception-type>
      <location>/WEB-INF/jsp/exceptionServlet.jsp</location>
   </error-page>

which I thought was the way to do it (I've also tried JSP's directly in the
root of the webapp in case the WEB-INF part was causing trouble) but I still
get an HTTP Status 500 and stack trace when a ServletException is thrown.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Wendy Smoak