From: Nathan Aaron <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thursday, January 27, 2005 1:33 pm
Subject: Re: Oracle JDBC

The pain factor of moving the app would be too great at this point.

What doesn't make sense is that I have a servlet that runs and uses the jdbc driver in shared/libs the servlet code is in /opt/application/appname/WEB-INF/lib. The jsp page is located in /opt/application/appname. My application is deployed under /opt/application/appname.

It is strange.

Nathan

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Not sure if you can have your JSPs/servlets outside of the Tomcat

contexts structure. I think Tomcat, actually I think Servlet spec 2.3, expects a certain directory tree to be in place. So, it will look in the application context WEB-INF/lib directory, then up the tree to the shared/lib directory and then up the tree to the common/lib directory for jar files.

Someone, please correct me if I'm wrong here.

Why don't you just replicate your application structure within

Tomcat's context structure (i.e., tomcat/webapps/appname. That's basically the standard.