Hi Larry,
   Thank you for your reply!  Yes, I have tried the form authentication.  It
does redirect to the login page when session expires.

Gia

Larry Meadors <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
If you are using basic authentication, that is out of your control -
the browser will resend the authentication with every request. I does
not care at all about your session.

I think your simplest solution is to switch to form-based authentication.

Larry