From: "Roberto Cosenza" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2005 8:59 PM
Subject: Re: Updating webapps in a running production cluster.

We have done some testing in this direction.
Two tomcat in a cluster, with session replication.
Shutdown B, update B, restart B
Shutdown A, update A, restartAB

What we experience is that, when shutting down any of the two servers.
1) Few requests are lost (let's say, on our machine, for 0.30 seconds?)
2) Objects stored in the session disappear temporarly, causing eventually
annoing npe's.
We were wondering if it is possible to achieve an higher reliability but

we

didn not succeed.
/roberto