I imagine creating a static variable would be global
to the JVM.  Something like:

public class MyClass
{

public static int nUsers;

};

would allow you to set and retrieve MyClass.nUsers in
a global maner.  I haven't tested this and its an
absurdly trivial example, but it seems like it should
work.

--- "Charles N. Harvey III" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>