Hi Mario,

Thanks for getting back to me.  Below is the context I set up.

After doing my own digging, I realized I was missing some jakarta commons
jar files.  After getting these jars and restarting Tomcat the
ClassNotFoundExceptions went away.

What I find really puzzling though is why I didn't get the same
ClassNotFoundException on my local machine that was running the same
version of Tomcat but on Windows XP profession.

<Context debug="0" privileged="true">

  <!-- the jdbc driver's jar needs to go into $CATALINA_HOME/common/lib
-->
  <Resource name="jdbc/as400" auth="Container"
                type="javax.sql.DataSource"
                factory="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSourceFactory"
                maxActive="20"
                maxIdle="10"
                maxWait="-1"
                removeAbandoned="true"
                removeAbandonedTimeout="60"
                logAbandoned="true"
                driverClassName="com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver"

url="jdbc:as400://a53pb3;naming=system;libraries=,pgmdbt,caelib;errors=full"
                username="userid"
                password="password"/>

</Context>

Mario Winterer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
02/02/2005 07:19 PM
Please respond to
"Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>

Tomcat Users List <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: Tomcat 5.5.4/Windows 2000 server - Failed to register in JMX:
BasicDataSourceFactory

Hi!

How did you define your JDBC DataSource?
As far as I know, the original jakarta-commons-dbcp and
jakarta-commons-pool-libraries are not included with Tomcat. Instead,
just a subset of the required classes with modified package names
(starting with 'org.apache.tomcat.dbcp') are packed in
'naming-factory-dbcp.jar' that can be found in commons/lib.
But if you configure your JDBC DataSource correctly, this should not
bother. Please post your resource-configuration!

Best regards,
  Tex