I'm setting up Tomcat 5.0.28 in a vertical two node cluster and want to use the in-memory session replication. The application I'm trying to run on the cluster requires the db connection to be stored in a session object. But I'm getting an error message that says it's not serializable. I'm wondering if that is just how it is, or maybe I'm just doing something wrong. Here is a snip of the code in question.

class ConnHolder implements Serializable, HttpSessionBindingListener {
private transient Connection con = null; // i've tried with and without transient
public ConnHolder(Connection con) {
this.con = con;
try {
con.setAutoCommit(false);
} catch(SQLException e) { }
}
public Connection getConn() { return con; // return the connection
}
}

Thanks in advance,

-Paul