Note: This problem is not directly (it may be indirectly) related to the
caching problems experienced with IE 5.x (as described in other postings),
because as soon as I tried the solutions presented to those postings, the
caching problems were solved.  However, the below problem wasn't:

Setup:
Web site using Microsoft IIS and Tomcat 3.2.1 as JSP/Servlet Container

Browsers:
Netscape 4.x, 6.x
Internet Explorer (IE) 4.x, 5.x

Problem:
1. When using any version of Netscape to access the web site, everything
works fine.

2. When using IE 4.x, everything works fine.

3. If I connect directly to Tomcat (without going through MS IIS) everything
works fine (no matter what browser I use).

4. When using IE 5.x, the problems begin:
   a. Sometimes after selecting a link or posting to a JSP page, web pages
are returned to the web browser without incident.
   b. Other times, I get a "The page cannot be found" error.
      HOWEVER, when this error occurs, I press the IE's "back" button, then
select the link again, and (usually) the page is found.  (If not, I repeat
the "back" button press and the link selection and the page is eventually
found).

There's nothing complicated and/or strange about these web pages, and the
problem seems to appear about 30% of the time.

Does anybody have any ideas?   Thanks in advance for any help you can
provide.

David
[EMAIL PROTECTED]