Thx for ur answers, I have reied what you say about the second
question, but it's do not work. This is how I have changed my
"context.xml" file:
===
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<Context privileged="true" swallowOutput="true"
workDir="work\Catalina\photoalbum\" path="/" cacheTTL="0"
cachingAllowed="false" displayName="bannerEmbedded beta" docBase="."
cacheMaxSize="0" reloadable="true">
resourceName="PhotoAlbum"/>
directory="logs/photoalbum/" fileDateFormat="yyyy-MM-dd" suffix=".txt"
prefix="photoalbum_access_log."/>
  <!--<ResourceLink name="PhotoAlbum" global="PhotoAlbum"
type="org.apache.catalina.UserDatabase"/>-->
  <Resource type="org.apache.catalina.UserDatabase" description="User
database that can be updated and saved" auth="Container"
name="PhotoAlbum"/>
    <ResourceParams name="PhotoAlbum">
    <parameter>
      <name>factory</name>
      <value>org.apache.catalina.users.MemoryUserDatabaseFactory</value>
    </parameter>
    <parameter>
      <name>pathname</name>
      <value>conf/Catalina/photoalbum.localhost/photoalbum-users.xml</value>
    </parameter>
  </ResourceParams>
</Context>
===

I have removed the ResourceParams from the server.xml file and move it
into the context.xml but in the log I can read this errors messages:
1) javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name PhotoAlbum is not bound in
this Context
2) GRAVE: Catalina.start:
LifecycleException:  No UserDatabase component found under key PhotoAlbum
3) 2005-02-07 09:55:30 UserDatabaseRealm[photoalbum.localhost]:
Exception looking up UserDatabase under key PhotoAlbum
javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name PhotoAlbum is not bound in this Context

do u know why? I have I have give you all the elements you need to help me.

Adobati Omar
[EMAIL PROTECTED]