On Sat, 2005-02-12 at 18:06 -0500, Robert Hunt wrote:
> I've seen some browsers (Netscape) truncate the query string portion of an
> action URL in the <form> tag:
>
>      <form action="http://target.com/servlet?param=val"; ...>
>
> such that the target servlet receives the HTTP request without "param=val",
> but that's usually with method="GET".

I verified that the servlet receives a POST request, so this should not
be it.

> Perhaps you should check the log to see if the session cookie is being set
> and returned by the POST.

In which log can I find this, please?

I stepped through my code examining the fields in the CoyoteRequest, and
the browser has returned the one cookie I set explicitly, but i cannot
find the tomcat session cookie.  the session field of the CoyoteRequest
is set to null, even after both getSession() and getCookies() have been
called, and parseCookies has been set to true.

My current guess is that the browser does not send back the session
cookie, but how can that be?  This must be one of the most used features
in any browser, so it would be more likely that my code is at fault, but
I have no idea what that may be.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

With kind regards,
Uwe Kubosch