From: Norris Shelton [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Wednesday, February 16, 2005 9:27 AM
To: Tomcat
Subject: percent 0008 exploit

A co-worker that supports a federal sight just got an e-mail from their admins indicating that his site is exposing jsp source code when they appent %0008 to the end of their URLs. The view source shows his exact pages.

He is using Tomcat 4.1.30 and JDK 1.4.2_05

I tired it on my servers (TC 4.1.30 and JDK 1.4.2_06). Is this a JRE vulnerability?

=====

Norris Shelton
Software Engineer
Sun Certified Java 1.1 Programmer