I have been looking around the web to figure out how to implement server quiescence (starving sessions from server in balanced set to take it down for maintenance). The documentation on the jakarta site confused me, and it looks like I am not alone. More people have questions than answers.

I think the trouble it that the docs start with the properties, and then describe their complex interactions and possible outcomes. It might be helpful to write a HOWTO starting from the use case instead: HOWTO Quiesce Load-balanced Tomcat Server.

Should I take the trouble? Does this belong instead on the Apache wiki? I will need some help to get it right, so I wrote here to see if I could post drafts and get corrections from the community.

thanks,
-Michael Greer